Commercials

Saturday 2 May 2020

BEAUTIFUL ACTRESS, CHRISTABEL EGBENYA CALLS OUT SUN NEWSPAPER AND OTHER ONLINE NEWS OUTLETS FOR DEFAMATION OF HER CHARACTER AND FAKE NEWS


CHRISTABEL EGBENYA


Delectable Nollywood actress, Christabel Egbenya has called out Sunnewsonline for its Saturday cover story in which she was reported to have said she "wanted a man badly and does not mind being a third wife", describing it as "fake news."


CHRISTABEL EGBENYA


Other online media outlets had run with the story which has more or less gone viral.

In her Facebook posts, the beautiful, Enugu State born actress criticised the media outlets for defamation of her character and fake news reportage.   

She said:


My attention has been drawn to a defamatory statement published by the management of Sun Newspapers about me today in its Saturday Sun and on its website, www.sunnewsonline.com. The statement which quotes me as saying that "I need a man badly, I don't mind being a third wife" is a malicious falsehood.
It is most unfortunate that the management of any news media would make such publication without taking prior steps to verify the truth of it. I am speaking with my lawyers already. They will in due course get in touch with the management of Sun Newspapers to exact the appropriate remedy and clear my hard earned reputation.
I appeal to all my fans to stay calm as I thank them for always standing by me.

Posted by Egbenya Christabel on Saturday, May 2, 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment


Your comments are priceless!

Blog Archive